Ironman Triathlon Distance

Ironman triathlons require athletes to cover 140.6 miles:
swimming 2.4 miles, biking 112 miles, and running 26.2 miles - all in less than 17 hours.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

One Month To Go

One month from today I will be attempting my first ironman triathlon. The time commitment to training has been a little more consuming than I expected so far. At this point I'm mentally more than ready to get this race started, but physically I still have my doubts that I've done enough. I feel like I can finish the race, but it's a question of finishing it in how much pain that I'm worried about. The summer heat has now given way to cooler temperatures which are closer to what I should expect on race day. I'm looking to put in about three more weeks of quality training before I start to taper the mileage down in preparation for the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment